Mobile Software Engineer
at Ampler Bikes
Ampler Bikes makes light electric bikes for urban commuters. Electric bikes are a fantastic solution to the commuting problem – heavy congestion and stress, no parking spaces, and physical barriers like wind and hills that cause sweat. In our quest to solve it, we’ve already won the best Electric Bike Award, received great reviews from the likes of The Verge, The Guardian and Cycling Weekly, and we’re growing at lightning speed.
We’re now looking for a Mobile Software Engineer who would build the Ampler mobile application from the ground up, and together with the UX Designer help build the team and capabilities for doing that. We’re bringing our app development in-house, which means starting from a clean sheet. You get to build a new foundation for how our customers get a window into their bikes. You’ll get to build an app that connects to state-of-the-art electric bike hardware with IOT capabilities.
What we want you to do
- Build the best electric bike companion mobile application in the world.
- Establish the team, tool stack and processes necessary for doing that.
- Drive the implementation of a continuous learning culture at Ampler by helping iteratively build, set live and track the performance of new features, A/B tests and other experiments.
What we look for
- Expertise and a good track record in developing native mobile applications either for iOS or Android.
- Strong interest in the other platform – i.e. if you’re focused on iOS, you have a deep interest in Android.
- Experience with the Bluetooth stack.
- Awareness and understanding of best practices in UX and mobile development.
- Experience with working in teams.
- You’re a tinkerer in your heart and you like to obsess over the trends and developments in your professional space.
- Proactive “screw it, let’s do it” solutions-driven attitude.
- Cooperative mindset, working closely together with customers, as well as the Design and Management teams.
- Fluency in English.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Professional development as you grow with the company.
- Prospect to have a strong impact on the success of Ampler, being the first and most senior developer in the Ampler team.
- Opportunity to be part of the next international success story stemming from Estonia.
- The position is based in Tallinn.
Submit your CV/LinkedIn profile together with a few sentences about yourself.