We are recruiting a highly organised professional to join our team as Lab Manager. As Lab Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating, planning, organising and directing the daily activities at the Lab/Office.
You will bring our space to life as you oversee the daily operations of our office and demonstrate the ability to make the Lab a vibrant place, where all visitors feel welcome. You will manage hospitality, event, and vendor management etc. Our ideal candidate is also great at communicating with visitors, the work we carry out at the Lab.
Roles and Responsibility
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Lab
- Develop processes and procedures for projects, events planning and management
- Oversee events and programmes at the centre by organizing and coordinating resources.
- Manage historical reference and repository of information by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Support units within the organization, and work teams by documenting and communicating actions
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchase of new requests with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Keep up-to-date records of all lab activities.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchase of new requests with attention to budgetary constraints
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations
- Co-ordinate and serve as a principal point of contact (POC) for all matters related to the Lab.
Skills and Qualification
- 3-5 years in Administration, Customer Service or Office Management.
- A University degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with online and digital technologies
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and processes
- Skill in prioritizing work assignments to handle multiple tasks; ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out a wide variety of programmes that promote the Lab and its resources to target audiences.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting and sensitivity to diverse cultural backgrounds.