Software Developer (Java) Arca Payments
Arca is looking for someone who has experience working across many technologies/projects and wants the chance to join a growing team of fierce hardworking developers.
If you are tired of the mundane job and want to join a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential, then this role is for you. Experience with Java technology is a requirement. Extended skill sets are welcome and encouraged.
Full stack developer handling both design (UI/UX) and code development for applications for devices powered by an Android operating system.
The position will be charged but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Design and build advanced applications for Android platform
- Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm about new products, provide each other with technical insight and review working drafts.
- Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
- Work with product managers, clients and sales teams to assess customer demand and usability of new applications.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new applications.
- Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors
- Obtain buy-in from leadership to secure resources for app development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience in Android Studio
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON, third party libraries and APIs
- Understand Android UI/UX design
- Solid understanding of full mobile development life cycle with agile development framework
- Excellent documentation skills and use of collaboration tools.
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Experience in the payment/ finance industry
Compensation and benefits are highly attractive and competitive.
We make it a point to review all application received and contact those we want to speak to further within 10 calendar days. With that in mind, if we are interested in a further discussion, you will hear from us again within 10 calendar days from the date of your application submission.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
31st October 2018
Please visit this link to Apply