Director, HealthCare & Program Manager, Remind Me
Contractual Arrangement: Full time Appointment
: Dec 23, 2018, 10:39:36 AM
: Abuja, Nigeria
The mission of Innovation Corner is to use human centred design and technology to solve social problems.
RemindMe is an offline data management and reminder system for immunization using USSD/Voice Technology. RemindMe aims to increase demand for vaccination services and improve the healthcare infrastructure. Remind me supports caregivers, government, development agencies and health workers.
- Remind Me leverages solely on offline technology.
- Remind Me works using Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD)Technology.
- USSD does not require internet or a smartphone
- Remind Me, therefore, places no burden on caregivers or health workers
- Remind Me allows caregivers and health workers to do the following effectively:
- Register childbirth and receive a unique identifier for the child.
- Check immunization history to prevent repeated immunization
- Health workers can confirm actual immunization using child unique identifier.
- Check for the nearest health care centre that has a particular vaccine a child is due for based on data collected from the inventory system (see 6).
- Caregivers or relative receive automated VOICE calls for immunization reminder in their selected language (English, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba and Pidgin English)
- Caregivers can update child info at any time using the USSD number on any network.
- Hospitals can manage inventory using the USSD service and development partners/relevant authorities can view inventory log real time.
- Hospitals can maintain and update contact details using the USSD service.
- Caregivers are able to book an appointment with health care centres closest to them.
- Relevant Authorities can send out messages and calls to caregivers on where campaign services are provided based on data collected during registration.
For more details see: www.ticafrica.org/remindme
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- To lead and direct the development and implementation of guidelines and strategic plans that facilitate and support Innovation Corner’s global health products and initiatives.
-To collaborate with national governments on product and service deployment.
- To collaborate with the technology and social transformations team om advisory and support level.
- To lead global advocacy efforts for the establishment of applied research to develop and improve products in all countries of operation.
- To establish, manage and foster relationships with donors, other strategic partners, and stakeholders which will include non-state actors.
- To lead and manage the overall work of the department by developing the department's overall strategy and structure to deliver the work required, including establishment and implementation of work plans ensuring the efficient use of resources and the monitoring and evaluation of the work; ensuring the activities are administered within the Innovation Corner’s rules, regulations and guidelines, and aligned to the agreed technical priorities and directions of Innovation Corner, Donors and Experts..
- To ensure technical and other risks are mitigated using the context of Innovation's internal control framework and risk register within the area of work to account for the overall financial management of the department, including oversight of timely disbursement, and technical and financial reporting on the use of donors' fund.
Essential: University degree in medicine or sciences and postgraduate degree (minimum Masters level) in public health, epidemiology, vaccine development or related field.
Desirable: University qualifications or certified training covering areas of management and/or leadership.
Essential: 4 years of national or international work experience in planning, developing and implementing large-scale public health programmes, including at the national level in developing countries.
Experience in senior or executive capacities of a health programme (desirably Immunization), with substantial human resources management and decision-making responsibilities for both the technical and managerial elements of the work being managed.
Demonstrated leadership and team management skills in international and multi-cultural settings.
Proven ability to successfully interact and negotiate with senior national and international authorities.
Knowledge of how to ensure that the areas of monitoring and evaluation are essential to supporting the delivery of concrete results, and an important part to the building of sustained reporting procedures.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiations with persons in a variety of senior positions both internal and external.
Innovation Corner Competencies
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Driving the Organization's Position in Health Leadership
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Creating and empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
Innovation Corner salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual salary starting at USD 12000 (subject to mandatory deductions for tax, pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable)
Other benefits include 21 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Two interviews will be conducted (online and in-person) as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
Attach your CV/Resume, Cover letter, Linkedin link and any other supporting document for our review.
For Information on Innovation Corner's operations please visit http://www.ticafrica.org
Innovation Corner is committed to workforce diversity.
Innovation Corner has a smoke-free environment
Applications from women and from nationals of other countries, other than Nigeria are particularly encouraged.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.