Technical Service Solutions Expert
at Ampler Bikes
We’re looking for a experienced bicycle mechanic with expert communication skills who is looking to take the next step in their career. If solving complex technical challenges and communicating the solutions in plain, understandable human language (as opposed to engineering-speak or Latin) then this job is meant exactly for you.
Ampler Bikes makes light electric bikes for urban commuters. Electric bikes are a fantastic solution to the commuting problem – heavy congestion and stress, no parking spaces, and physical barriers like wind and hills that cause sweat. In our quest to solve it, we’ve already won the best Electric Bike Award in 2017, received great reviews from the likes of The Verge, Zeit Magazin and Cycling Weekly, and we’re growing at lightning speed. In 2018, we opened the first Ampler flagship store in Berlin and by 2019 we’ve grown into a team of 30.
The engineering and assembly of the bikes takes place in-house, we sell our bikes direct-to-consumer, and we pride ourselves in providing first class customer experience to everyone who comes in contact with us. A lot of the magic happens in our cosy office and bike assembly studio at the heart of Tallinn, and we are now growing our talented team by hiring a Technical Customer Solutions Expert.
To be successful in this role, you should be a multilingual expert communicator with experience of working as a bicycle mechanic. You should be able to troubleshoot, identify problems and provide solutions to customers experiencing technical issues. Additionally, you should educate people by improving and building the Ampler customer support knowledge base. You’ll be working closely with our engineers, mechanics and other colleagues based both in our Berlin and Tallinn offices.
Here’s what we want you to do:
- Have the up-to-date knowledge of all the technical information and be the stakeholder of technical data at Ampler Bikes.
- Work with customers, support team, engineers and mechanics to identify technical problems and advise on the solutions.
- Gather technical information and form it into manuals and knowledge base support materials.
- Resolve technical problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; decide for the best solution to solve the problem; expediting the repairs; following up to ensure resolution.
- Support customers over the phone and via e-mail to identify technical problems and provide advice on solutions.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through effective, friendly and professional communication.
- Support the production line, workshop and showroom with communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
What we look for:
- Fluent in German and English
- Speaking Estonian is a nice-to-have
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a bicycle mechanic or technical customer support specialist in a bicycle company
- Up-to date bicycle-related technical knowledge
- Customer service experience and good communication skills
- Motivation to learn new things and grow together with the business
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and able to remain flexible in a rapidly changing and growing environment
- Willingness to travel, mostly between Germany and Estonia
What we offer:
- Full-time job in a fast-growing company with talented coworkers
- Competitive salary
- An Ampler of your choosing for daily commuting.
- Prospect to have a strong impact on the success of Ampler.
- Opportunity to be part of the next international success story stemming from Estonia.
- Job location Tallinn or Berlin.
- Starting time ASAP
Submit your application with a short cover letter over here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you might have.