We are looking for a backend developer to join our engineering team to help build out applications while also providing guidance for other developers in the team. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by front-end developers with server-side logic.
A deep understanding of React is required as well.
- Back-end development using NodeJS/MongoDB
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Scaling new/existing backend systems and optimizing for speed, to handle ever-increasing amounts of traffic and new product requirements
- Hosting of applications on Unix (Ubuntu) based system(s).
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Code review
- 3+ years of experience developing scalable backend systems
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience building microservices
- Understanding fundamental design principles for building scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, preferably Git
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
Any of the following:
Knowledge of any other Stack is a plus
Experience building mobile apps with React Native