at STEM Cafe
Location: Ngong Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
STEMCafe is a non-linear learning centre where kids and young adults through play, explore the amazing world of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) through fun interactive activities for them to experiment with amazing creations and ideas that develop lifelong learning and interest in STEM.
We are expanding Africa’s capacity and diversity of the STEM workforce pipeline to prepare the younger generation for the best jobs of the future that will see Africa become innovative, secure and competitive.
We are seeking a Centre Manager who will manage the daily operations at the maker space in Nairobi. As Centre Manager you are the face of the STEMCafe’s maker space in Nairobi and will be responsible for making it a welcoming environment for all kids, guests, members and community members.
If you are highly organized, enjoy administrative processes and have an interest in the Education and Technology sector then we’d love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion to enhance learning and instruction for kids, good quantitative background, and an interest in STEM Education.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the maker space.
- Oversee events and programme by organizing and coordinating resources.
- Keep up-to-date records of all Centre activities.
- Develop processes and procedures for projects, event planning and management for all programme in Nairobi.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchase of new request with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Manage historical reference and repository of information by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Support units and team members across other locations within the organization by documenting and communicating actions to ensure organizational objective.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- 1-3 years working experience. Previous experience in office management is a plus
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and processes
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Good communication skills - writing and verbal
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
What we offer
- Paid time off
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.