Role: Career Adviser
- You will help the clients identify their skills gaps and how to deal with them.
- Help them to draw up action plans for employment, education and training while supporting them to achieve these goals.
- Research careers, options and support organisations to meet people's needs.
- Advise the clients on how to source relevant training courses and qualifications.
- Provide advice on CV, applications, job search and interview techniques.
- Conduct mock interviews with the clients one-to-one or in small groups to discuss their career or education options
- Engage the clients with all our products and services as required.
- Run small group sessions or larger presentations on all aspects of careers work and topics related to personal development.
- Help clients to understand the current job market.
- Use relevant software for administrative tasks, keeping record engagement with clients.
- Use online and offline guidance, skills assessment tools, career planners, psychometric tests and personal inventories.
- Travel sometimes for conferences, university visits and trainings.
- Write careers development content or source content from elsewhere for use within the service.
- Plan and organise careers training session.
- Keep up to date with labour market information, professional and academic developments by visiting employers, training providers and training events run by educational and professional bodies
As the ideal candidates for this role you should have:
- Experience of working with young people, working in human resources positions, or a social enterprise is a huge plus
- A self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal
- Have a high level of attention to detail and
- A clear and dedicated passion for our mission to level the playing field for all students across the country to become employable and exceptional!
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills; able to relate well to different age groups and ability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up
- Proactive, self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong passion to succeed, contagious energy and desire to have fun in the process
- A degree from a foreign university desired though but not required
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salaries
- Health insurance
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the job
- An opportunity to help young people succeed!
Send your CV and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.